Sunday, April 12, 2009

Today

Today, today is a day of celebrating a great deed. I am asked constantly whether the thing that is celebrated today actually happened. My first memories of that past life were of my face raising from the sand. My face was in the sand because I had fallen onto my face at the feet of my friend. My friend who wasn't supposed to be there. My friend who I had seen suffer and die.My friend who gave his life to keep his friends and enemies from a war that would reap nothing but fear, death and destruction upon us. A man who at the very very end upon the cross looked down at me in complete love for me and all who stood about. This man now stood before me. I dropped to his feet. If I had believed he was amazing before, now I was convinced that he knew things that I didn't. He had told me many times that everything is Love and that In full faith everything is possible. Now he stood there I fell to my face. When I built the courage I slowly looked up. He smiled at me, laughed, and told me to get up. He told me that this was an example of the possibilties of our lives. He told me that with full belief (faith) we are unlimited. His words didn't change my awe in seeing him again. It was not long before this that my dispair of his death left me clutching the foot of the cross with my hand above me just to touch his foot. Did it happen? Yes. Why it happened was to show us that when following the path of love, nothing is impossible. Today is a day for all of us to remember what he did yes, but more importantly it is a day to live what he was teaching us. Be loving not fearful. Have faith that in love all things are possible. I am grateful for the greatest lesson he ever taught.

Thank You

Thank You

Thank You

No comments:

Post a Comment