Saturday, February 7, 2009

Financial Miracle

A Financial Miracle
Winter is usually hard for me financially and this one has been no different. The other day I woke up and put out a prayer for a financial miracle. I am a firm believer that you should be as specific as you can be when we pray. This morning , however, I decided to leave it to God/Universe. "A Financial Miracle" was the request I had for God. On the way to pick up my son from his Grandmother's home, I stopped by the Best Buy Store to pick up my latest fried laptop (Three in the past two years). I sent it out to see if it could be repaired and though they said it could, the repair was going to cost more than a new computer. I walked into Best Buy $85 poorer for the diagnostic fee I already paid. "I'm here to pick up my laptop" I said to the self -named Geek behind the counter. He brought the computer to the counter and set it in front of me. "I'll be right back, I need you to sign some paperwork" he said as he walked away from the counter. Five minutes went by, then ten, he returned. "Mr Davis I'm sorry for the delay there is a problem with your order" he apologetically started, " You see the diagnostic fee is non refundable. For some reason the paperwork says we need to refund $50 of it. We don't know why and none of us knows how to do that in our system. It's never happened before." I laughed inside as he continued," I'll be right back with the paperwork." I watched manager after manger got involved with the anomaly. Finally one manager came over with the paperwork. " Mr Davis I am sorry for the delay we have never had to do this refund before and we did figure out how to do it in the system, but then we had another issue. For some reason we couldn't put the money back on your card. I guess we have to give it to you in cash is that OK?" "Cash is good" I said with a smile. I had received my financial miracle. It wasn't what I had hoped for it was what I asked for. It once again reaffirmed my faith.

1 comment:

  1. Man thats such a blessing to me. If God can do that for you in the same day I know he can do it for me. The Question was asked is there anything too hard for God. I am in a bad situation that I put myself in some of knowingly and some unknowingly. I was unwise with my finances and not accountable, something I just started studying accountability. I'm 3 months behind in rent. I was laid off, im facing eviction and I have a family to provide for. I was just stupid. I dont know anyone I can borrow it from and I might be to shame to do it. I never thought I d be in this situation. This has helped me in my faith prayer that he will provide like he has done before.

    ReplyDelete